PhD Research fellow
Training and Assessment Research group (TARG)
Department of Maritime operations
University of Southeast Norway
Amit is a PhD research fellow with Training and Assessment Research Group (TARG) situated at Department of maritime operations at University of Southeast Norway. Amit has served on-board ships in the capacity of Navigator (2nd mate) and has a total sea experience spanning 7 years. His Bachelor degree is in Nautical Science (With distinction) and he has a Master of Science degree in maritime management with technical specialization (GPA – 4.4/5.0). He is also a member of Nautical Institute – an international representative body for maritime professionals involved in the control of sea-going ships.
Peer review journal articles
- Distributed Situation Awareness in pilotage operations: Implications and Challenges.
Sharma, A., & Nazir, S. (2017)
TransNav, the International Journal on Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation, 11(2), 103-107.
Proceedings from Peer reviewed Conferences
- Computer assisted collaborative learning: An intervention in maritime education and training
Sharma A., Nazir S., Wiig A. C., Sellberg C., Imset M., Mallam S.
Proceeding of the 9th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE 2018). Orlando, Florida, USA, July 22-26, 2018
- Perspectives on autonomy – Exploring future applications and implications for maritime industries
Mallam S., Nazir S., Sharma A., Veie S.
Proceedings of the 20th Congress of the International Ergonomics Association
Florence, Italy. August 26-30, 2018
- Situation Awareness
- Distributed Situation Awareness
- Computer Supported Collaborative Learning
- Trust in organizations
- Maritime Education and Training
Vision for the future
To utilize the experience gained in PhD program to develop new knowledge and solutions for maritime industry.