PhD research fellow
Training and Assessment Research group (TARG)
Department of Maritime operations
University of South-Eastern Norway
Amit is a PhD research fellow with Training and Assessment Research Group (TARG) situated at Department of maritime operations at University of South-Eastern Norway. Amit has served on-board ships in the capacity of Navigator (2nd mate) and has a total sea experience spanning 7 years. His Bachelor degree is in Nautical Science (With distinction) and he has a Master of Science degree in maritime management with technical specialization (GPA – 4.4/5.0). He is also a member of Nautical Institute – an international representative body for maritime professionals involved in the control of sea-going ships.
Peer review journal articles
- Distributed Situation Awareness in pilotage operations: Implications and Challenges.
Sharma, A., & Nazir, S. (2017)
TransNav, the International Journal on Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation, 11(2), 103-107.
- Maritime simulator training across Europe: a comparative study
Nazir, S., Jungefeldt S., & Sharma, A. (2018)
WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs, 1-28
- Situation Awareness information requirement for maritime navigation: A goal directed task analysis
Sharma, A.,Nazir, S., & Ernstsen, J.
Safety Science (Manuscript in press)
- Impact of autonomy on gender parity in maritime industry
Kim, T.E., Sharma, A., Gausdal, A., & Chae, C.J.
WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs (Manuscript in press)
- The Human Element in Future Maritime Operations – Perceived Impact of Autonomous Shipping
Mallam, S., Nazir, S., & Sharma, A.
Ergonomics (Manuscript in press)
- Distributed Situation Awareness in demanding maritime operations: A case study from sub-sea segment
Norstein, E., Sharma, A., Jungefeldt, S., & Nazir, S.
Transnav, the International Journal on Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation (Manuscript in press)
Proceedings from Peer reviewed Conferences
- Computer assisted collaborative learning: An intervention in maritime education and training
Sharma A., Nazir S., Wiig A. C., Sellberg C., Imset M., Mallam S.
Proceeding of the 9th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE 2018). Orlando, Florida, USA, July 22-26, 2018
- Perspectives on autonomy – Exploring future applications and implications for maritime industries
Mallam S., Nazir S., Sharma A., & Veie S.
Proceedings of the 20th Congress of the International Ergonomics Association
Florence, Italy. August 26-30, 2018
- Catching up with time? Examining the STCW competence framework for autonomous shipping
Sharma, A.,Kim, T.E., Nazir, S., & Chae, C.J.
Paper presented at Ergoship 2019, 24th– 25thSeptember 2019, Haugesund Norway
- Situation Awareness
- Distributed Situation Awareness
- Computer Supported Collaborative Learning
- Trust in organizations
- Maritime Education and Training
Vision for the future
To utilize the experience gained in PhD program to develop new knowledge and solutions for maritime industry.